Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sunday Church

Ok, I have to admit that I am no pro yet at getting ready for church with our new addition. I am so glad that we have church at 11 because any earlier and I think I would be late each Sunday. First question is do I feed Caddison early before her 4 hrs so that she is full before we go or do you just nurse during church? Well it has been working out that she eat right at 9:30-10 which gives me till about 1:30 or 2 before she is hungry again which is right when we get out. So this Sunday keep in mind that this is only the 3rd time I had taken her to church she decided that she wanted to eat at 9:30 so that meant that at 1:30 right during Relief society she would be hungry.

Well she was hungry and messy during church this Sunday. Right at 1:00 I noticed that her diaper was full and that I better change her before the third hour started. She was wet and she was all happy that she was changed. Well 1:30 came around and sometimes I can have her take her binky for a while to hold her off so that I could nurse when I got home. I have not mastered the whole nursing in public thing yet. Miss Caddison was not going to wait and she let me know by having an explosion in her diaper and sucking her binky really loud. I got up in Relief society and went and changed her. Right after cleaning up her mess and getting her all dressed again she decided that she need to mess again in her diaper. She also decided that it was time to eat and would not stop crying which she hardly ever cries. I knew with those cues that she was hungry. So I change her yet again that was 3 diapers in half an hour and by that time there was only 15 mins left of church so I decided that I would just nurse one side to keep her happy before we had to go and find Cody to take us home. Needless to say I am so glad that I had packed a lot of diapers and I think that I am starting to get the hang of nursing out in public. Anyone else have any Church stories they have had to go through.

I do think that she had on a really cute dress!

1 comment:

Ashley Wray said...

Nursing in public is quite the obstactle. I never quite got it down with Rylee. The only place I had to worry about it was at church. I would usually feed her about 2 hours before church started, and then right before we left I would pump and then just feed her a bottle at church. But I think because we did introduce the bottle so early is why she didn't want anything to do with nursing when she was 6 months old. So with this next one I'm bound and determined to be a better nurser-in-public. Have you heard of the Hooter Hiders or Peek a Boo nursing covers? They are a blanket you put around your neck but you can still see your baby. I'm so getting one for this next one! So good luck! Keep up the good blogging!